Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Procrastination is like.....

Finish that sentence, and you know you're only screwing yourself. Haha. If you can't finish that sentence, well then... that joke is lost on you. Sorry. :)
If you're not on instagram, you probably don't hear this enough. So, there you go. :)
 

I am THE BIGGEST PROCRASTINATOR, ever. Well... I'm not sure I'm so much of a procrastinator as an adult living with ADHD. My life goes something like this....

"I need to throw in a load of laundry" turns into the realization that I didn't vacuum yet this week. Then while I'm vacuuming I realize that I need to reorganize the kids books. Then I decide to pull out all the holiday books. Then I organize the play room. Then I go through the kids clothes and pull out what doesn't fit. Next thing I know, it's dinner time/time to pack lunches/time for breakfast and I haven't done a thing, and there is still a mound of laundry on the laundry room floor.

Preparation when I'm focused is essential in my life. I can focus when I don't have a whining todder pulling out all the dishes making "shakes" and a 4 year old convinced he's a snow leopard crashing in to things. Sunday is a good day when dad is here and they would rather bug him for a change.
 
I don't really "meal prep" in the sense that I make all my meals for the week. I instead make a breakfast and a snack for hubs and I, and then I make a snack or two for the kids. Hubs has leftovers for lunch each day, and I make the kids lunch depending on what they had for breakfast that day.
 
I make a huge batch of pancakes/French toast/waffles once every two weeks or so and freeze. That way it's easy to pull out of the freezer, and I only have to cook breakfast twice a week!
 
This week I made Gingerbread Oats in the crockpot for breakfast...
 
 
These are super easy!
  • 2 cups steel cut oats
  • 7 cups water
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 tbs molasses
  • 1 tbs ground ginger
  • 1 tbs ground clove
  • 1 tbs cinnamon
  • 1 tbs allspice
  • 1 can pumpkin puree
 
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Done! I served mine with a little extra milk and walnuts for flavor! This one is much more flavorful than the pumpkin spice oats I posted about last week!
 
Our snack this week is hard boiled eggs (with a side of coors apparently! Hahah!)




Energy Bites



These I just made up as I went along, but they are super yummy! I kept 6 out, and froze the rest!

Energy Bites
Makes 16

  • 2 Ripe Bananas
  • 1/2 Can of pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 Cup Chia Seeds
  • 1 tbs raw honey
  • 1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
  • 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips (I use ENJOYLIFE brand-top 8 allergen free)
Mash together! Add more honey if it isn't sticking, or more oats if it's too runny! I baked for 20 minutes at 350 degrees!


Frozen Yogurt Covered Raspberries

(Makes 2 dozen)

  • 24 Raspberries
  • 3 Tablespoons Greek Yogurt (I use FAGE because it is more a "true Greek" yogurt
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla
  • 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
Mix the honey, yogurt, and vanilla together! Roll raspberries in yogurt mixture and roll in flax seed. I froze in baby food trays, but a cookie sheet would work better!


(I also made salted pretzel chocolate chip cookies...but that was for hubs work!)

I made quite a few awesome recipes this week that the whole family loved, but to be honest...I started this post over three weeks ago, and I forgot what they were. Haha!! Follow me on instagram (TheMrsCicero) where I post lots of different food ideas! :)
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment