Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The mother of all weekends!

Now, I think I know why I never started a blog...I can't seem to post on a daily basis! It's hard when pretty much everything I do is with my kids, and since this is public (my IG-themrscicero isn't), I don't want to share pics of my kids. I have a certain someone from my past that I would prefer not see pics of my kids! :) Hmm.. That sounds like a good post idea.

Anyway, I digress. This weekend was HEAVEN. It was perfection! Hubs took off Friday, so let me start off with Thursday! Halloween was fun!

It was pouring, but otherwise not too bad! We ate chili (tradition) with my parents, and then we met up with my SIL, BIL, and their three kids to trick or treat. Big was adorable, and I loved to hear him yell "THANK YOU SO MUCH" each time he got candy. Little was hardcore. He wanted to walk up to each house on his own, and would say "Twick Tweet pwease".

Big told us he had a cookie at school that day, so he didn't think he should have any candy that day even though we told him it was okay. :) He chose two pieces of candy, and then he gave the rest up! Little can't have much of anything (everything has peanuts, or is made in a facility that processes peanuts...and all the other stuff is too hard to chew!). I may or may not have walked around with a coffee mug full of wine. What?! Don't judge. I was celebrating a holiday. Hahaha.


Friday! I woke up (at 5am due to my asshole kids!) like it was Christmas morning! I was so excited! I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off...and I am kiiiiiiinda obsessive about schedules, food, and my kids. Can you say OCD? :)
 


Hubs and I put the kids down for a nap, and we were off! We went to a local trail and ran a couple of miles, and then we went to the gym for an hour and a half and lifted weights. It was so fun to have his input on what I should do at the gym! We NEVER get to go together!  We ate at the gym's cafĂ© (Cheese quesadilla for him, and chef salad for me!), and went to check into the hotel!


We were warmly greeted as returning guests! I love returning to the site of our wedding. It makes me SO nostalgic. Point 1 for hubs! We got up to the room and my romantic husband had made it so there was rose petals all over the room, and wine, cheese, and chocolate covered strawberries were waiting for us. Swoooooon. Have I mentioned I love that man?

 
We indulged, showered, and got ready to go out! It was a short walk to our downtown...and our first stop was a local brewery.. I had a coffee and cream beer and we had some crab dip and chips! We then went to a DELICIOUS restaurant and split a filet...and I might have had a glass of wine or two. Back to the hotel bar...live music and drinks. We lived it up!





 

Saturday! Hubs was a tinnnny bit hung over so we decided to go down and have breakfast in the hotel restaurant! We had a hair of the dog...because, it could hurt! And I had eggs benedict...mmmmmm. We napped and then went Christmas shopping for the kids! Went back to the hotel with a deep dish pizza, and I may have ate it in bed. We napped again and then got ready to go out! We went to a local irish pub, and played pool and had some cocktails! I ate a delicious burger, and we went back to the hotel bar to listen to some music. Spanish coffee and dirty martinis came to play... and we headed back upstairs! (P.S. Selfies and I...we just don't get along. I suck at them!)



Over all, it was an amazing time. It's incredible how I'm able to fall in love all over again. Especially when it's just us. You may think I'm a horrible mother, but I'll always choose my husband first... We needed that time, and I realized how much I had missed my fun hubs. We're going to be tons of fun when we're 50 with no kids at home!

Hope y'all had a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you choose your husband first! I think as mothers, we feel the need to always put the kids first. But one day, they'll be gone and you'll have no relationship with your spouse! Jason and I try to focus on each other a lot! It's the only way to not lose our relationship!

    I love your schedule board! You need to come love at my house!

    And of course it sounds, and looks, like you had an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend! I love it, it sounds like it would be perfect. Now, why can't we get those every couple of weekends? ;)

    ReplyDelete